Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'91 Subframe connector recommendations needed please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '91 Subframe connector recommendations needed please.

I recently acquired a '91 Z28 and want to add a subframe connector. I see bolt-on, and weld-on connectors available, is one better than the other? Which brand is the best? Hotchkis, Comp. Engineering, and BBK all have them available, is one better than the other, or is there a better subframe connector out there? Your recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks, Ed.

IMHO the best stuff on the market is made by Steve Spohn of Spohn Performance. Steve designs and builds all his own parts, unlike many other suppliers who simply rebadge off-the-shelf stuff. He is an AWS certified welder. His 3rd Gen parts are particularly good, because he owns/races a 9-second 3rd Gen.

I run many of his parts on my 4th Gen. My personal preference is "weld in". The bolt-ins can have problems with the bolts tearing the sheetmetal.

3rd Gen SFC's

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X