Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paging Fred Injuneer (torque arm/rollbar?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Fred Injuneer (torque arm/rollbar?)

I'm looking at Steve Spohn's torque arm & the S&W roll bar kit he sells - Have you heard anything about either if so what kind of reviews have you heard/seen?

Thanks

Hyper

The Spohn TA is among the best. I have one, and I know George Baxter is having one built for his assualt on the low 8's. There are both 3rd Gen and 4th Gen F-bodys pulling 1.2X 60-foot times with the Spohn TA. For the price, you can not beat it:

Mine has a custom driveshaft loop on it, because of the extended length of the Gear Vendor O/D unit on the tailshaft of my TH400.

As far as the S&W roll bar kit, you need to understand that it is an 8-point design, and comes as a bunch of loose pieces that need to be welded together. If you ever remember looking at John LeBlanc's Z28 at any of the E'town events, he had an S&W bar, and that one was made from the 3rd Gen parts because they didn't have a 4th Gen kit when he installed it. If you have a GOOD welder, it is a good kit. Remember, NHRA rules prohibit any grinding or smoothing of the welds... so if the welder isn't any good, its not going to look very good. S&W is good. Steve Spohn is just "retailing" it.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks Fred - The engine is taking longer than expected so it's giving me extra time. Since yours truely here will be doing all the work (except for the internal engine building) I'll be spending alot of time in the garage practicing TIG welding I can't waite to get the UZ back on the road. What kind of subframe connectors are you using or did you fabricate your own?

Hyper

Comment

Working...
      X