97 3.8L Firebird parts swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 3.8L Firebird parts swap

I currently am driving a 97 Firebird 3.8L 5 speed. I Purchased a wrecked 2001 formula and would like to swap some of the parts but I need some advice. To start I want to swap the entire rear ends out. Mine currently has drum ABS in the back I want to use the Disc ABS from the formula. Is the anything in piticular I need to be aware of. I understand I will need to change out the master cylinder to accomidate the fluid levels difference. Second I want to change out the Insturment cluster are they compatible. If they are will I need to have it calibrated. I noticed that the plug are identical. Third the 5 spoke chrome rims have some pretty bad surface rust on them any advise as to what products work the best without excess elbow grease. Thanks for looking at this post.

rear is a pretty str8 swap just make sure the abs system is the same on both rears. other stuff im fuzzy on but if they are true chrome wheels, steel wool and wax, gonna have to keep doing it every now and then
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

The swap is easy. You'll need a set of rear parking brake cables as the drum cables won't work with the disks. Make sure you swap the driveshaft from the formula as well. The cluster is not compatable.... well, if rewired it might be. Yes, speedo will be off but that is a simple program change in the ECM.

Comment

Working...
      X