Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCA Relo brackets hitting brakes

Hey guys!
    Can anyone tell me what the black hockey-puck looking thing is on my rear brakes (94Z)?
    I put new LCA Relocation brackets on the car a few months ago, & it seems like the brake pedal is getting a longer 'throw' all the time. It still works, but only after what seems to be alot of travel first.
    I noticed that the LCA brackets were really tight with the hockey-puck looking thing that's next to the E-brake line. Is it possible that there is a problem because of that, or is it coincidence that it is happening now?
    Thanks for any info!
    John

The increase in pedal travel us usually the result of the pads getting thin. Could also be master cylinder issues too.

Comment

So Joe, you don't think that the relo brackets pressing against the 'hockey-puck' (sorry, don't know what it really is!) has anything to do with the change? Maybe it just coincided with the timing of the bracket-install?
      BTW- Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

The "pucks" are dampers, to reduce vibration when braking. The fact that they are touching the relo brackets would not affect pedal travel. That would appear to indicate pad wear, as Joe has suggested, or air in the lines.

Do they hit the relos on both sides, or only on one? Is it possible you bent the bracket they are mounted on, since that would affect the parking brake cable, which might impact pedal travel.

My Spohn relo brackets did not contact the pucks. Close, but no contact. Seems like something may have been bent.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X