Not a good day either

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good day either

Well I managed to call my parents in Switzerland today. They told me that the neighbours house got burglarized last night. They hauled a 500 lbs. safe out of the house while they were out for dinner. Apparantly somebody broke into the house a months ago to scout it out and take one of the keys with them. They noticed the key missing and had all the locks replaced. Now they came back and just smashed the window since the key didn't work.

Leaving work I turn my cell phone on and I have a message from the people that own the storage unit where I keep the T/A for the winter. So I call and they tell me somebody broke into several storage units including mine. They tried to break into the car but couldn't get it open. But there's quite some damage to the side of the car.

Of course I'm still in Alabama until the end of the months so I cannot even go and see how bad it is. My wife will go tomorrow and get the insurance thing going.

I have the battery for the T/A at home and the car locked and even a bar from the steering wheel to the pedals. Not sure what they were hoping to do or get.

Needless to say I'm not a very happy camper. What has the world come to?
    On the bright side, if there is one, I may get the new paint job done earlier than planned.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Damn, sorry to hear about that man.

A new paint job would be a definite plus though.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am A4
    Black/ Black Leather
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawk2001

Intake plaque and engraving pics at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawkinc

MTI lid, K&N filter, Free Mods, !Nostril, True dual exhaust with Dynomax Bullets

Comment

That sucks dude. If anyone F's with my parked car Ima go bitchcakes. Screw it, I'm going to get a gun right now. Hope insurance takes care of it all.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

sorry

some one tried to brake in to my impala ss last week tore the door lock up and messed up the window rubber with a slim jim found the slim jim on the hood of my Z28 right next to it wish i would have caught them they would have a bad case of lead poison
        have you out run a ford lately

Comment

Re: sorry

Originally posted by mbigd73
          they would have a bad case of lead poison
          Yeah.. "high velocity" lead poisoning.

Comment

that blows dude. if i caught someone messin' with my Z...lets just say the body would not be found. messin' with a man's car is like messin' with his emotions...ya just don't do it.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

With all the dope heads in the neighbour hood I thought I would be better off having the car in storage than in the driveway under a cover.

Had my Vette in storage all last winter and no probs. My wife will go and see how bad it is tonight.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Re: Re: sorry

Originally posted by tabahr
                Yeah.. "high velocity" lead poisoning.
                And you wouldn't even have to do a blood test to confirm the lead poisoning. The holes would tell it all.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                X