Several Noises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several Noises

Ever since I moved to Virginia and got this office job I've been using my TA as a daily driver.

Lately I noticed the oil leak on my differential and after cleaning it off and re-filling it, the leak seems to be very minimal around the drive shaft seal. Especially since I park the car forward uphill at work. Seems to make a difference.

Now last week a rattling noise started under the car. It's starts as soon as I put it in drive or reverse. At first it seemed to go away after the car warmed up now I can hear it most of the time. It sounds very metallic but the last time I was partially under there I couldn't find anything loose.

Now yesterday the belt started squealing badly and today it sound worse. I used to have that in the Summer at times when it was very hot and humid, but this sound horrible. the compressor was replaced less than a year ago. Can a bad bearing in the alternator or water pump cause that noise.

Any ideas on any noises what it could be or caused by? Thanks.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

you could check the torque converter cover, it might rattle if its loose
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Didn't have much time since I first posted due to work and dropped it off at the Dealer this afternoon figuring it would cost a bundle. Both problems were getting pretty loud.

They called and said I needed a new belt and two new bolts on the exhaust that rusted off. Thought I would be in for a lot more money.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
      X