Question about the Drill Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Drill Mod

My TO bearing is making alot of noise yet again so I am preparing to address that problem.

While I'm in there I am going to replace the master/slave cylinder.

My question is this. Does the drill mod only apply to LS1 vehicles?
    Everything I have found so far seems to indicate that it is not applicable to LT1 vehicles.

Thanks.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Anyone
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Hmm, I did it to mine but like you stated, I have an LS1. When you remove the Master, Post up some pictures of the Line. I dont know what the Master looks like on the LT1 cars. Chances are it does only apply to LSx F-bodies.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

applies to 98-00 LS1s. problem was that the slave would hang up a bit and premature wear out the clutch. i beleive
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Negative trashman, it has to do with the steel breaded line right were it plugs right into the master, it would restrict the flow of fluid, in the belief that it would cause less shock on the drivetrain . But in reality all it did was cause the clutch pedal to stick to the floor under extreme driving conditions! I believe it applies to all M6 LS base f-bodies with exception of the 02 models!
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
          X