Vibration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration?

Hey follks, i have 800 miles on a new OEM clutch/flywheel and at about 3200 rpm, i get some fast vibrations from the tranny area. Any idears? Could replacing the tranny mount help?
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

When I first converted my 1995 from an A4 to a M6 I had a vibration at a certain RPM. I ended up taking the Centerforce flywheel off and had it rebalanced. It was within GM specs but not perfect. My neighbor got it almost perfect on the balancer. I put it back on and the vibration was gone. I don't remember how much it was off but it was enough I could feel it.

It could be the clutch disc is a little off. Also if the pilot bearing is a little warn it will let the clutch engage a little offset which will cause a vibration but it is usually inconsistent.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Chances are its going to be the Flywheel likes stated above, the crummy part is having to take it off.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
      X