ANOTHER header ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER header ??

ok i just worked a deal(traded a few things) on some lt headers.

JetHot offroad coated longtubes 1 3/4" primaries, 3" collectors. Have about 2-3 thousand miles on them

Anyway i have a couple questions. i dont know jack about headers really but what else is need to install these on my 97 ws6? it also doesnt come with a ypipe so my other ? is were do i find one or how hard are they to make?? I could get his true duel system that hooks to the headers for like 200 bucks but it just may be to loud. thanks tom

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

One factor you might wish to consider. Sometimes the computer doesn't like moving the o2 sensors from high up on the primaries down to the collector as in long tubes. It wreaks havoc with the switching and most times trips a code, not to mention the car not running up to it's potential. You'll likely need a new program to fix the issues. You'll have to get a Y pipe fabricated as well as moving the cats for everything to fit. In a full length exhaust, there isn't an appreciable change in db level unless you start changing the muffler and pipes.

Comment

when you say new program you mean another tune? i have a trifecta tune now or do you mean something else? sorry for the stupid ?'s

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        One factor you might wish to consider. Sometimes the computer doesn't like moving the o2 sensors from high up on the primaries down to the collector as in long tubes. It wreaks havoc with the switching and most times trips a code, not to mention the car not running up to it's potential. You'll likely need a new program to fix the issues.
        That's exactly right. If it trips the "insuficiant switching" code a tuner can speed up the switching time which will stop the computer from tripping the code. So the answer is yes you will have to go back to get it tuned if this happens. It doesn't always happen.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
        X