New to the site!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site!

Hello, My Name is Nick. I bought a 1997 Trans-Am WS6 about 7 months ago. The car is pretty well stock except for loud mouth exaust. I have fixed a few things so far on it. Trans. was leaking, so I did a flush, filter, and gasket. I serviced the diff and new seal there as well. I changed the trans. mount w/ a energy one. A few things I want to fix is changing out that junk monsoon stereo. The amp seems not to be working and the disp. is out. The power windows are to slow, so I need to put a couple motors in it. The power ant. makes noice but does not work. And I also want to paint the car, because the who ever had before me had ghost flames put on, and the clear coat is comming of in spots. Id also like to do some cheap simple performance mods, so If anyone has some idea's for me, please share.

p.s. how do you post bigger pictures?

Black w/ leather- t-tops- auto trans- lt1 motor. kumho tires- loud mouth exaust
    Attached Files

Originally posted by njrextreme

p.s. how do you post bigger pictures?

Black w/ leather- t-tops- auto trans- lt1 motor. kumho tires- loud mouth exaust
    You'll have to host them on a photo hosting site, then post a hot link.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10744

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        You'll have to host them on a photo hosting site, then post a hot link.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10744
        Ok, and what about some mods. I have a guy thats gona try his programer in it sat.. I dont want to get to crazy with this car due to the miles. Its nearing 140,000. Still rips and allways read 40 plus oil preasure. Trans still shifts nice and hard. I was looking into a procharger, but scared ill wash out the bearings in this old girl. This car had to be a hwy car, cause it looks and drives like it should have 75,000 miles. The only thing I hate is all the little stuff broke. My wipers went out today. The blinker only blinks automatic on the right. The heater doesnt switch vent modes all the time. The raido display doesnt light up. List goes on. Ill get it all fixed one of these days.
        http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww277/njrextreme/2008_1002Image0206.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Ahhh...it's all minor stuff, really. Not bad considering it's 13 years old. w/ 140K.

Welcome aboard...keep it clean, and you'll enjoy your time here.
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

TA's and the damn blinkers. ha ha ha You know whats funny, Mine just went out this morning. ha ha ha ha

Its due to water getting in and burning out the bulb. Its the front bulb. Change it and you will get the blinker back up and running. The stereo, can someone say, TIME FOR AN UPGRADE! lol
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              TA's and the damn blinkers. ha ha ha You know whats funny, Mine just went out this morning. ha ha ha ha

Its due to water getting in and burning out the bulb. Its the front bulb. Change it and you will get the blinker back up and running. The stereo, can someone say, TIME FOR AN UPGRADE! lol
              Oh it will be. Does anyone one know what radio i can put in so I can keep the stearing whl controls. I would like a input jack as well.

I have two other rides I work on also, so its slow going w/ this one. I have a 2001 blazer extreme, and a 1971 Buick skylark custom w/ a built 455 bb.

Comment

No one knows of any mods, tips, or what radio aftermarket that can conect to my stearing wheel controls???

Comment

If you search this board for slow power windows you should find the fix for them. There is something with some wire, or ground or something down there, that corrodes up causing them to be slow. If I remember correctly you just clean up the connections and the window will be fast again. Sorry I don't know where the link is, you will have to search, or even Google it for that matter.

As for your steering wheel controls, yes, there are a few radios out there that you can purchase the interface for so that you can stlil use your steering wheel controls. About 3 years ago I purchased a Sony stereo from Crutchfield and they hooked me up with some little module box that I attached to my radio, then it came with a bunch of input wires. I had to find the wires in the harness that the steering wheel output to, and connected them up. It was pretty simple and it works!

Talk to Crutchfield, tell them what you want to do they should point you in the right direction.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIP...+wheel+control

I believe this is the unit I purchased. About $74 dollars.

As for the Monsoon yah, mine as well just tear it all out and put your own stuff in, its not that hard. The Monsoon speakers are JUNK!

...Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Timbers
                    If you search this board for slow power windows you should find the fix for them. There is something with some wire, or ground or something down there, that corrodes up causing them to be slow. If I remember correctly you just clean up the connections and the window will be fast again. Sorry I don't know where the link is, you will have to search, or even Google it for that matter.

As for your steering wheel controls, yes, there are a few radios out there that you can purchase the interface for so that you can stlil use your steering wheel controls. About 3 years ago I purchased a Sony stereo from Crutchfield and they hooked me up with some little module box that I attached to my radio, then it came with a bunch of input wires. I had to find the wires in the harness that the steering wheel output to, and connected them up. It was pretty simple and it works!

Talk to Crutchfield, tell them what you want to do they should point you in the right direction.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIP...+wheel+control

I believe this is the unit I purchased. About $74 dollars.

As for the Monsoon yah, mine as well just tear it all out and put your own stuff in, its not that hard. The Monsoon speakers are JUNK!

...Tim
                    Thanks for the tips. I read on here it was the tracks on the windows need to be siloconed and then they work fast. Ill check all the wires when I go to do it though. Had a guy at work tell me that sony had a radio also. Im gona check them out. Thanks for the link. Nick

Comment

welcome aboard. did you buy that off a member off of LS1Tech?
                      94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                      1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                      GOT PSi?
                      Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                        welcome aboard. did you buy that off a member off of LS1Tech?
                        Thanks. No It was a trade in at my work. He may have been on that site when he owened it, never know. If you know any knowledge of the car, that would be great.

Comment

As far as the windows...I doubt it's just a lack of lube. The motors are probably worn out.

However, changing the two motors is a breeze. I did mine yesterday...took less than two hours to do both. Very easy...
                          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
                          X