Camaro center console lid/door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro center console lid/door

My center console lid finally bit the bullet. At first the latch stopped working, and then yesterday the whole top of the lid came loose from the hinge. Looks like it dry-rotted, for lack of a better term. So since my cosmetic surgery skills are limited to taking the hinge off, I am now in need of a new door. Last time I looked, a new one runs over $100 which I think is more than slightly ridiculous....any ideas where I could find a new one relatively cheap? Besides a junk yard, that is. It's a 2001 Camaro, gray interior.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Ebay is your friend

or

www.tacreationsusa.com
    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by FlyerPoot
      My center console lid finally bit the bullet. At first the latch stopped working, and then yesterday the whole top of the lid came loose from the hinge. Looks like it dry-rotted, for lack of a better term. So since my cosmetic surgery skills are limited to taking the hinge off, I am now in need of a new door. Last time I looked, a new one runs over $100 which I think is more than slightly ridiculous....any ideas where I could find a new one relatively cheap? Besides a junk yard, that is. It's a 2001 Camaro, gray interior.
      How about some gorilla glue and some black touch up paint after. Fill the screw holes up and run a bead under the hinge. And let dry for a day or two before using it again.

Comment

Classic industries has one for $200, so $100 isn't all that bad. Oh It only comes in black. Have you considered some velcro as a stop-gap until you find a replacement.

The gorilla glue is a great idea, or you can use some epoxy-then redrill the screw holes.

you can try a swap meet also.

Red 92 camaro rs with a 305 TBI 4spd auto 2.73:1 rear with Spohn sway bars, hotchkis LCAs and panhard bar, Spohn wonderbar, and edelbrock strut tower brace, msd 6A box, coil and wires. Oh and a spankin new set of BFG g-force supersport tires.

http://bananasaboutcars.com/projectcars-camaro1.html
        Red 92 camaro rs with a 305 TBI 4spd auto 2.73:1 rear with Spohn sway bars, hotchkis LCAs and panhard bar, Spohn wonderbar, and edelbrock strut tower brace, msd 6A box, coil and wires. BFG g-force supersport tires. 77K miles.

http://bananasaboutcars.com/projectcars-camaro1.html

Comment

Working...
        X