Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of Over the Valve Cover Wire Jobs on LT1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Over the Valve Cover Wire Jobs on LT1?

Can some of you guys that have routed your spark plug wires over your valve covers post pictures of your setups? I purchased the Thunder Racing setup and have laid out the wires the best way I can think of putting them. Before cutting them and crimping ends on I would like to compare to others setups.

The passenger side routing is tough because the alternator is in the way, I almost have to run the spark plug wires right on the alternator.

...Tim

Here's a few:

Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I can't see the pics, or is it just me?

...Tim

Comment

I can see them
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Cool thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Here's a few:

Driver's side:

If you don't want that 'bundle' of plug wires is to tie a zip tie around each wire, and bind each loop together with another zip tie. The small ones work best for this, and after they're trimmed down it's hardly noticeable.

I went to ixquick and did a search for a better explanation and pics... I guess the ricer guys figured this out too...
            link

Comment

Hot dang! That is slick...nice find...that's the second time I've found a use for "Ricers"...
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Hot dang! That is slick...nice find...that's the second time I've found a use for "Ricers"...
                thats been an old trick for years, i learned bout that when i was 16 after i got my frist t/a back on the road after rebuilding the top end. i think it much better then wire holders as you can set how tight they are in there
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

hah

Wow look at that ricer, I bet you could change the plug wires in 10 minutes!!! I just spent about 40 hours changing mine to over the valve cover.

Really scarey, I had to crimp all of the ends, measure the wires, route them, plus I plug sleeving over all the wires, and boots. About 50 hours into the project, all to go and turn the key and pray the thing starts.

Started great, and I believe it actually runs much better now too. I've been watching for sparks leaping out of my wires and so far I haven't seen any.

...Tim

Comment

Sweeet. good looking.

Comment

I hope you're not calling me a ricer lol... with that civic winterbeater and all lol.

Comment

That ricer wire loom looks good but isn't that motor supposed to have a cover over the plugs anyway?
                        Greg W. in West Michigan
                        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                        <Motor out

Comment

I'm not sure what 'cover' you are refering to but some plugs have a little heat shield towards the back. Most plugs don't if I remember right. Although the wires are routed by the block that has some type of shield or just loops for the wires. I can't remember. My wires a re stock I'll have to look.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by ChevelleSSLS6
                            I hope you're not calling me a ricer lol... with that civic winterbeater and all lol.
                            Touché my friend...(LOL)

Hey, at least it's a Pontiac...and a GT for goodness sake
                            Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
                              I'm not sure what 'cover' you are refering to but some plugs have a little heat shield towards the back. Most plugs don't if I remember right. Although the wires are routed by the block that has some type of shield or just loops for the wires. I can't remember. My wires a re stock I'll have to look.
                              I meant the ricer car in the link above... Here is the pic.

There is supposed to be a cover over the top of the valve cover/plug wires between the cams. The install on the LT1 looks great.
                              Greg W. in West Michigan
                              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                              <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                              X