Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning fuel injectors

Hey guys,

I took my fuel injectors/fuel rail out today to install a new fuel pressure regulator. The injectors were pretty tough to get out (they probably havnt been taken out in years), and I was wondering if there is anything i can do to clean them up a bit. I figured I would wipe them down and put a small bit of oil on the seals before reinstalling them, but is there anything else I can do? Its my first time ever dealing with fuel injectors so i'm a little freaked out that i'm going to damage them somehow.

Also, do you guys have any special tricks for cleaning up the intake manifold? Its getting pretty dirty since the last time I had it out, and I figured now would be a good time to clean it. Is there a certain cleaner that works well? Thanks for your help!!!!
    1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
    Mods:
    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Crane 1.5rrs
    Comp high tech pushrods
    Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
    SLP Loudmouth II
    SLP Cold air intake
    PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
    UMI adjustable panhard
    UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Injectors can be sent out for cleaning on the inside, they can be cleaned with 02 sensor safe TB cleaner to clean them up on the outside for a re-install. Lube the o-rings with just a little drop of oil.

Comment

Bring them to your local gm dealer. My shop has a high pressure machine that cleans and measures the fuel spray of them.

Comment

the fuel injector connection on ebay is AMAZING. Super fast, the guy there is awesome (nice southern guy out of georgia), very honest, and they do awesome work. I can't say enough good things about him.

He'll clean them, flow them, provide you with before and after charts, and even paint your injectors so they're nice and shiny when they arrive.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          the fuel injector connection on ebay is AMAZING. Super fast, the guy there is awesome (nice southern guy out of georgia), very honest, and they do awesome work. I can't say enough good things about him.

He'll clean them, flow them, provide you with before and after charts, and even paint your injectors so they're nice and shiny when they arrive.

I'd appreciate you give us the complete info about this guy.
          Thanks
          dochidalgo
          97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Originally posted by dochidalgo
            I'd appreciate you give us the complete info about this guy.
            Thanks
            dochidalgo
            Here is one of his auctions.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ultra...spagenameZWDVW
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Thank you very much...

Dochidalgo
              97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

I'd get new o-rings just to be on the safe side before re-installing injectors.

Also you might want to consider upgrading to ones that better atomize the fuel (this is popular with us Jeep guys... some use Ford Racing injectors, others use LT1 injectors) and more capacity of the engine needs it.

Comment

Working...
                X