How wide of tires can I fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How wide of tires can I fit?

Have an 83 Trans Am and was wondering if anyone out there could let me know how wide of tire am I gonna be able to fit in the rear. I have the stock 10 bolt rear end.
    1983 Trans Am Recaro Edition. Work in progress, currently putting an LT1 out of a 94 Camaro/Firebird. 700R4 trans fully rebuilt and upgraded.

stock wheels? size? need more info.
    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
      stock wheels? size? need more info.
      I'm looking for new rims at the moment too. But the stock rims were 17's and I believe they tires were around a 255.
      1983 Trans Am Recaro Edition. Work in progress, currently putting an LT1 out of a 94 Camaro/Firebird. 700R4 trans fully rebuilt and upgraded.

Comment

Just as an example. My front rims are 17x9.5 with 275s on them. My rears are 18x10.5 with 295s. Third gens are about teh same clearance as 4th gens so you can go wide, but with some hammering and sweat etc.
        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Working...
        X