Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad fuel pump or FPR ?

97 TA.
    with key turned on, engine no runing, the pressure is around 20 psi and quickly drop pressure, I need to turn the key 2-3 times to get enough pressure to start.

at idle, the fuel pressure is 50 psi, disconecting the vacuum line from the top of regulator, the pressure goes to 60 psi.

I got no gasoline leak in the vacuum hose.

my fuel pump is 2 years old.

tomorrow I will take off my fuel inyectors and make some pressure test, I suspect on my FPR.

I appreciate any input.

60psi without the vacuum line connected is wayyyyy too high. Supposed to be 43.5psi. You wouldn't happen to have an Aeromotive AFPR would you? They are known for failing and producing high pressure.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      60psi without the vacuum line connected is wayyyyy too high. Supposed to be 43.5psi. You wouldn't happen to have an Aeromotive AFPR would you? They are known for failing and producing high pressure.
      no sr, its a stock FPR.

Comment

Working...
      X