Speaker Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Question

Please forgive me, I searched the forums as wella s the web and just can't find the information I am looking for.

Looking to replace the speakers on a 97 Trans Am, non-monsoon setup. Only have four speakers (that I know of) 2 in the back seat and two in the doors.

Back seats - I see just remove the speaker cover and I can access the speakers to replace them, seems straight forward.

What about the doors though? Do I need to remove the panels? Honestly, that scares me. I'm not very good at this stuff!

Reason for replacement is that 3 of the 4 are now blown. I repalced the head unit not too long ago, and believe that perhaps that's what blew them.

Any speaker recommendations? Just planning on replacing with something that fits stock...

Anyway - sorry for the novice questions!

Yes, you have to remove the door panel. Not too hard, basically about 3 or 4 screws, disconnect the power windows and door locks, and the door panel slides up and off. No clips like the trucks have that tend to break, pretty straightforward.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Personally, I'm a fan of Infinity speakers. I have all infinity equipment in my z (except the head unit). All 4 speakers, 10" sub and 6 channel amp, and I love it!
      Dave

Independent AMSOIL Dealer

94 Z28 M6 - exhaust, K&N drop in, and lots of plans...

DD 98 Ram 2500 CTD (might be faster than my Z!)

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorsecustoms
        Personally, I'm a fan of Infinity speakers. I have all infinity equipment in my z (except the head unit). All 4 speakers, 10" sub and 6 channel amp, and I love it!
        x2 on the infinity speakers.

Comment

Thanks! Those clips are what I was afraid of! Glad to hear that will not be a concern.

I have been looking at the Infinity speakers. I was also looking at Pioneer. Crutchfield has a nice set for around $110.

Comment

I bought the Infinity Kappa series. They are pricy but damn do they sound good. And the load on the amp/stereo is low. They run at 3 ohms so they will sound pretty damn good at 2 or 4 ohms.

I replaced those with Kicker Mids 6.5" and pioneer Tweeters with a kicker Crossover! They sound amazing. Pioneer for speakers? Hmm I personally only like them for headunits, Thats Why I have a Pioneer headunit! Always have!

Removing the door panel is easy. One screw in the little tray at the bottom of the door. One under the handle, And One under the button panel (You have to remove it to expose it). Then remove the one screw that holds the Handle cover/Backtray and slide it off. The hardest part is to clip the lock toggle onto that rod, And all you need for that is Needle nose pliers and its a 5 second job.

I have removed my panels at least 10 times.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
            X