• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG's car on e-bay

GG's car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6427

Gary94Formula
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

hope he has better luck than i did. both of mine did not sell........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Too bad, very nice looking car

Comment

The car did not sell. The reserve was never met. Is it me or has the market for these car fallen since they stopped production.

Gary94Formula
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

It appears to be harder to sell cars over the net. I know that when I want a car, I want to see it in person, crawl all over it and take it for a test drive. Try that on an e-bay purchase. Local cars for sale move. At least down here in Florida anyway. Every f-body that comes into my town and shows up for sale goes quickly. Recently I've seen a 2002 CE, 01 WS6, 99 SS all sell within a week. There are also a couple regular Zs showed up on a few lots and I don't expect to see them there too long. The real shame is the poeple that are trying to sell them on the net are the ones that for the most part have pampered the cars and the prime examples of what we would want.

Comment

I know I wouldn't buy a car online. Well, with the exception of GG's car! Tell you the truth, man, I'd feel a little guilty buying it unless I could really take care of it and keep it garaged.

Have you tried the local paper? Or maybe those free magazines in the shopping store?
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

The car never met the reserve GG set. Is it me or has the market gotten even smaller for these car's since production stopped.

Gary94Formula
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Used cars...

My guess is 3 points:

First, the market for used cars in general is basically nill. When you can walk in and buy a brand new car and pay very little, or even no interest, why buy a used one? I know, I know...you cannot buy a new f-body anymore, but there are plenty of other cars you can buy that are very very nice.

Second, I really believe that when you are dealing with 'modified' cars, you really make things harder. No matter how much someone tells you they 'babied' their cars, you know at some point they have been shown 'agressive' driving. Yes, the car may be designed for it, but it is hard to accept the fact that you really don't know what the car has been through.

Third, many people think their car is worth more than it is because of the blood, sweat, and tears they have put into it. I'm not saying that is the case here, but I think it is very common. If you put a car up for sale and nobody wants to pay what you are asking, shouldn't that tell you that you are out of line, not the rest of the used car buying market?

Just my opinions...
                Ruz

Comment

Anybody know why GG is selling his T/A? I haven't seen him post on the board in awhile.

Buying a car on-line is not a bad thing if you go about it the right way. Sometimes it is necessary to do a national search in order to get what you want. If you do find something that you want, be sure to ask every question imaginable. If I buy it on-line, I will go to the vehicle location, inspect it, and complete the transaction. If it was misrepresented, I will go home and search again. It is a big purchase so an airline ticket is a good insurance policy.
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X