Lca's relocation brackets ? w/in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lca's relocation brackets ? w/in.

installing BMR Lca's and panhard bar soon and wanted to know when and why do you need relocation brackets? i also have a set of BMR Sfc.
    P.s. anyone have a G-loud Brace on there F-body? any benefits?
    thanks,
    ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Re: Lca's relocation brackets ? w/in.

Go and read here:

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1290

If your car isn't lowered, you really
    won't need to worry about.

My springs are sagging like she is lowered,
    and my LCA's are horizontal.. I really
    need them on my car.

Originally posted by LoudLT1
    installing BMR Lca's and panhard bar soon and wanted to know when and why do you need relocation brackets? i also have a set of BMR Sfc.
    P.s. anyone have a G-loud Brace on there F-body? any benefits?
    thanks,
    ed

Comment

You will see an improvement even if you car isn't lowered. The back of my car actually sits about 1/2" higher than stock, due to the Eibach Drag Launch springs. The Strange 12-bolt would hop like crazy. Installed the Spohn LCA relocation brackets and the car has never lost traction since.... 1.6 60-fts.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

My LCA's are horizontal, and so is my panhard bar.

I should of taken a picture while over at Spohns.

Damn stock suspension.

Oh well.

Originally posted by Injuneer
        You will see an improvement even if you car isn't lowered. The back of my car actually sits about 1/2" higher than stock, due to the Eibach Drag Launch springs. The Strange 12-bolt would hop like crazy. Installed the Spohn LCA relocation brackets and the car has never lost traction since.... 1.6 60-fts.

Comment

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. As the tires try to rotate, the differential tries to rotate opposite the tires. The torque arm limits the rotation, but some of the rotational energy is redirected to the lower control arms. By lowering the rear mounting of the LCA by the use of lowering brackets allows that force to apply more leverage to the chassis. Instead of the rear of the the car squatting, the differential tries to lift the chassis thereby pushing the differential downward for more force applied to the tires. The result is more bite from the same tire on a launch. so, yep... they work even on a stock suspension.

Comment

I think it was Joe who mentioned that in reverse, the brackets would actually make the wheel hop worse. Here is my question, if you are at a high RPM and let off of it without shifting gears, will it make the rear want to hop?
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

hmmm...... never tried that end of it. I do know that I blipped the throttle a little to hard starting off in reverse and she hopped pretty good. Enough to know that I don't want to do that again. At speed, I would doubt that there would be a differance. What is really happening when there is wheel hop is that the tires are going between moments of traction and slip. The faster you go, the more traction you have (up to the limits of where aerodynamic lift comes into play), so my guess would be no.

Comment

Working...
              X