Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the advantages and disadvantages of super bright headlights...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the advantages and disadvantages of super bright headlights...

I was wondering what is the advantages and disadvantages of super bright headlights like sylvannia silverstar headlights?

Would they burn out faster and is it as bright and all as they say... I have heard some people say it is almost as bright as HIDs...?

See the reason I am asking this is because I want to make my car more expensive looking and I figure I might as well start with the headlights, then some custom embored floormats from rksport, and then either some new tires (my car still has the oem tires on it) or the exhaust system... I don't know how far I will take it... But this is what I wanted to do with my celica but didn't...
    Thanks
    MaraSport

If you really want the best from your headlights, accept no substitue, get the true HID kits! Not even the closest Halogen HID Simulator comes close to the briliance of true HID. Ive Experimented with some HID Halogen Simulators in my dads 95 Silverado, and they just dont look like the true HID's. For comparison, I lined up the truck with a Lexus is300, and BMW with true HID's, and the briliance and clarity is just not there. If youre interested, I know of a web site which sells a plug & Play kit for just $350 and gives you a variety of of Color Temperatures to chose from. If you cant afford true HID, then the next best thing would be MTEC 4X Xenon Bulbs. The wattage is higher but shouldnt burn the connectors. They havent burned them on my dads truck atleast.
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Trying to make a car more expensive looking??? Who are you trying to fool?? I don't know how other people look at this type of logic, but when I see someone who has done something to try to make a car seem more special than it is, my first thought is that they can't afford anything more expensive and it ends up cheapening the look of the car.

If you want to modify something on your car, do it because you like it, not because you are trying to impress. I used to get quite a lot of compliments on my v6, and my changes were very simple and not overbearing...

Ruz
      Attached Files

Comment

Let me add....that's an awesome looking V6!

On the HID's...while I've never driven a vehicle with them, I've been on the receiving end. They're very good at blinding drivers. Always seems to me like they have they're brights on.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Where else for the HID lites? I've checked the Autoptics site, and they are pround of their stuff. Looking for some for my son's VW Corado, the factory units got bumped, so maybe some replacement HID's for the Christmas.
          The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Working...
          X