Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone got an aftermarket steering wheel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got an aftermarket steering wheel?

i am thinking of getting a new steering wheel i called grant and they said if my car has an airbag then they do not have any adapter for it.i explained i was removing all the airbag stuff and she said the shaft is the problem.So if you have an aftermarket wheel you installed on an airbag column please tell me what brand adapter and steering wheel you have. remember only airbag columns here.
    thanks
    1994 formula trans am LT-1,ED WRIGHT tuned PCM, urathaned rear lca's,new factory rear springs,rear replacement shocks,functional ram air 4 inch cowl hood,hiflo cat,3 inch single into hooker hiflo muffler,2.5 out dual,air foil,underdrive pullys,edelbrock torque arm,drag bags,6T MSD,MSD coil,new built A4,2200conv.massive trans cooler

Yes - Grant GT. Cheap and light weight.

To install, you use the Grant 3rd Gen F-Body kit. Bolts right up. Mine required a light sanding to avoid rubbing on the stock steering column cover, and the stock column cover is very slightly larger in diameter than the matching piece in the kit, but if you put black magic marker on the edge of the column, it looks OK. The kit comes with a metal "spider" style spacer, and an ugly corrugated rubber piece that goes over that. They also sell a billet aluminum spacer (black piece in the photo) to replace it, that looks a lot better. You can get a selection of horn button logos... I got the Pontiac arrowhead.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Same one I have. Works great. Plus is smaller in diameter so its more fun to drive.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
      X