well its been awhile.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well its been awhile.

hey guys its been a while since ive been on here. since ive been on. i picked up another 94 Z28 dropped in my 383 and after a month the guy that built it didnt clearnace the rods correctly i believe and it snapped the snout of the crank off. so now i have a 1992 convertable camaro RS. here are a few pics after a coat of wax and polish of the wheels. the wheels are gonna get a few more coats before summer really hits. and hopefully i can get her sprayed before july 17 the big meet in myrtle beach

and heres a pic of the crank well the aftermath of it. lol

and on another note. guys with the 93-97 camaro the fake hood scoops in those can be easily cut out and you will notice a good 10-20 degree drop and notice a little more power. nothing crazy itll just run a little better and you will watch the heat rise out of your hood. tehe. i did a write up on LS1tech.com here is the link to it

Page 1= pictures Page 3=Write up

thankyou for looking guys. feel free to comment or criticise my vehicle lol
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

If my memory serves me correct, didnt you get that 383 built for dirt cheap?

P.s. Nice 3rd gen
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ehhh. well the story goes. the 383 got built for around 3500 the first time. when i replaced the oil pump, i noticed the skirt got knocked off one piston. so when the tranny was pulled to rebuild that i figured what the hell. the guy said he had pistons or whatever (dad talked more, i had JUST moved to NC) and he would take care of it. well then the first time we started the motor. only at idle we heard a minor ticking. and could for the life of us figure out what it was. and of course i only had 3 more days before i had to go back to NC so i drove the piss out of the car every chance i could getting in to it. and it held so i brought it down here. went to the track three or four times. and then drove it normal nice and calm for a week or two and was like damn maybes its something stupid. to hell with it. then the next week about 2 am coming back from a little gathering. dropped oil psi to about 15lbs and starting hearing horrible noises. got home (yes i drove it another 1.5miles) i had no other way of getting it home. and as soon as i stopped oil spit out the front cover. and pulled it apart and thats what i found. lol

SO YEA, DONT GO TO THAT GUY. hind sight is 20/20 but that motor took ALOT of beating and held up. and come to find out. instead of redoing all the pistons he just replaced the one piston and reused the head gasket and everything else. so i was pretty pissed. but whatever its in the past.
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

BTW thanks for the compliment. lol
        94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
        75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
        GOT PSi?

Comment

Sweet new ride (well, new to you anyway).

Always liked the third gens. Love the wheels. Once you get it sprayed, post some more pics. Looking good!
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

We tried to warn you on that engine build.

nice new ride.

Comment

yea yea yea. thanks guys. i have paint at the house im hoping to be able to spray some candy apple red sometime in the next month or two. tehe.

and yes i look back and realize the build was a bad i dea. but at the time i wanted speed. and he had proof of other builds and i figured well maybe he knows what he is doin lol
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              GOT PSi?

Comment

Working...
              X