Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with sungards or sunshaded on 1997 formula!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with sungards or sunshaded on 1997 formula!

Hi Guys!

I have a 1997 pontiac firebird formula. It has 31K on the odometer.

I need to replace the sunshade or gards you know the things you pull down from your headliner in order to keep the sun out of your eyes.

Is the three screws all that holds them to the headliner and roof?Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Just pull the screws and they come right off.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I think the techinical term is visors.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
        I think the techinical term is visors.
        There you go again. Smart guys are always showin off.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I am just so glad to have folks around like ya all to ask questions too when I need help!

please forgive me for my spelling. Wonder if living in WV would have anything to do with that

Thanks Lee!
          Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Who needs visors - unneccesary weight.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

^^^^^ That's what I did. I reused the stock mounts, removed the arm, and filled the hole with epoxy. Sanded it smooth and reinstalled to cover hole.
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
              X