tail lights blinking real slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail lights blinking real slow

I have a 2000 Firebird........ Ok I got pulled over the cop said I had a tail light out the right rear light in the corner (there are 3 bulbs in the assembly) well I checked it they all work except the last one does then doesnt and now when I turn on the turn signals they blink real slow like its having trouble blinking and it does that on both sides. Plus I took the right rear tail light section off which was a pain to do and I cant get it to set in right now. The whole tail light assembly is goofy looking. The right sticks out further on top and bottom and I tightined it up as far as it would go. Anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

O.K......well, I can only tell you what I would do right now if I were in this situation.

First, I would pull that bulb out that you said worked intermittently, and slap a new one in there. It's possible you've got one with a filament that's actually broken on one end, and the motion of the car causes it to connect and disconnect alternately. When you pull the bulb however, take a flashlight and look carefully inside the socket. See any sign of corrosion or even arcing, because the bulb was not seated properly? When you retest it, assuming the bulb lights up as it should, wiggle the wire(s) going to that socket, to make sure you don't have a damaged wire or connection.

As to the tailight assembly, I haven't come across a car in years for which removal and replacement wasn't a PITA. Even though everything is made of plastic, they tend to fit very precisely back onto the body work. Loosen it back up, and patiently wiggle it around every which way you can, and it will probably re-seat back in the sweet spot for you, assuming theres nothing binding it up like the wiring, etc. When it does, quickly tighten that sucker up---- but not too tight...LOL!

good luck!
    '94 Firebird Formula, Lt1, 6 speed, all stock

Comment

did what ya said

I changed the bulb and its still blinking kinda funky. The bulb works but the blinks is all screwed up. What would cause that?

Comment

The flasher itself could be bad or going bad.

Shoebox's link to where the flashers are...
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

I've got a problem with my driver's side flasher not working. My problem (and maybe yours) is in the light bulb socket. Of course GM won't sell just a socket; I have to buy the entire driver's side tail light pigtail at $85
          Junkyard time
          '96 Firebird Formula, LT1, stock, automatic

Comment

Working...
          X