will Y2K Camaro Wheels fit a 94 Bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will Y2K Camaro Wheels fit a 94 Bird

I found a set of 2000 Camaro V-6 wheels 16" on Craigslist. I want to put them on my 1994 Firebird V-6 with factory 16" wheels?
    Thanks Dan
    96 Firebird Formula
    94 Pontaic Firebird

Yes, but before you put them on the rear, check to see if the oversize hub on the 93-96 cars is interfering with the inside diameter of the hub hole in the wheel. Its a common problem, when putting Corvette and 1997 and newer F-Body wheels on a 93-96 F-Body, to have to lighly sand or grind the inner diameter of the hub hole to fit over the enlarged hub GM put on the rear axles. If you plan to rotate the wheels/tires front to back at some point in the future, you need to sand/grind all 4 wheels, so you don't forget and try to force the front wheels over the rear hubs.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ahhh yes I remeber that when I bought my ZR1 wheels for my 96. Thanks Dan
      96 Firebird Formula
      94 Pontaic Firebird

Comment

not sure if it's different with drum brakes or not. Disc brakes will definatly require the center bore of the wheel to be enlarged slightly.

Comment

Working...
        X