finally found the back side engine oil leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally found the back side engine oil leak

the leak was located at the rear of the intake, it was very bad so now i can start fresh. was there any one thing that could have caused the leak there or is that a high milage thing. i really hope i don't have 2 go there again anytime soon.
    thanks
    1994 formula trans am LT-1,ED WRIGHT tuned PCM, urathaned rear lca's,new factory rear springs,rear replacement shocks,functional ram air 4 inch cowl hood,hiflo cat,3 inch single into hooker hiflo muffler,2.5 out dual,air foil,underdrive pullys,edelbrock torque arm,drag bags,6T MSD,MSD coil,new built A4,2200conv.massive trans cooler

The leak was so common, that it was a subject of a GM TSB in early LT1 years. Fix it and go on - you'll be fine.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Please, check this

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4013/ol.html

regards
      dochidalgo
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

thanks for your input

i love this site because i can get more educated on my ride and all the in's and out s of her
        thank you
        1994 formula trans am LT-1,ED WRIGHT tuned PCM, urathaned rear lca's,new factory rear springs,rear replacement shocks,functional ram air 4 inch cowl hood,hiflo cat,3 inch single into hooker hiflo muffler,2.5 out dual,air foil,underdrive pullys,edelbrock torque arm,drag bags,6T MSD,MSD coil,new built A4,2200conv.massive trans cooler

Comment

Working...
        X