NFB: Odometer reading "error" instead of mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Odometer reading "error" instead of mileage

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous and the odometer is reading "error" where the mileage is usually displayed. I've googled the problem and come to the conclusion that it's a fairly common occurance but because there aren't really any Rendezvous boards like this one, I haven't found any solutions to the problem other than take it to the stealership and pay their crazy fees. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

In my research it seems that a stealership will usually replace the gauge cluster to fix it. If I were to buy a new/used gauge cluster, does anyone know if the mileage will be displayed correctly, or how I would set the mileage? i.e. is the mileage stored in the car's computer to be displayed correctly when i fix the problem, or is the mileage stored in the gauge cluster and will need to be reset if I replace the cluster?

I know this isn't your area of expertise, but I need to get this issue fixed and can't afford a couple hundred dollars or more of dealership charges.

Thanks!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Well you can disregaard the mileage question, I did a little more research and found out that if i replace the guage cluster I'll have to have it programmed at the dealership. so unless I can find an easy solution to this problem, I'm probably stuck paying dealership fees.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
    X