Engines from Ebay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines from Ebay?

I have been on Ebay looking at engines for my 88 GTA. They are rebuilt/modified 350s from various engine shops. They come complete with all new parts and a list of upgrades. They claim HP ranges from 425-440HP. I have seen them for as low as $3,000 shipped!!! These companies have lots of positive feedback from happy customers. Is anyone running one of these Ebay motors and if so how are they holding up? It just seemed like 440HP was alot of motor for $3k

Personally, I would be a little afraid of spending that kinda dough on a motor I haven't seen. I would go with a GM crate motor if I was looking to just drop one in.

I made the mistake of buying an already built motor and it grenaded about 6k later. For the money I wasted I could have built a serious motor myself.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Re: Engines from Ebay?

Seems a little cheap to me.

Originally posted by WS6GTA
      I have been on Ebay looking at engines for my 88 GTA. They are rebuilt/modified 350s from various engine shops. They come complete with all new parts and a list of upgrades. They claim HP ranges from 425-440HP. I have seen them for as low as $3,000 shipped!!! These companies have lots of positive feedback from happy customers. Is anyone running one of these Ebay motors and if so how are they holding up? It just seemed like 440HP was alot of motor for $3k

Comment

Working...
      X