NFB Inspection Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB Inspection Question

Does anyone in NJ know if a car will pass state inspection with the airbag light on?
    LOUD2000T/A
    '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

I don't believe it should be an issue. I've passed with my ABS light on. If it doesn't fit in the category of "safety" or "Emissions" , I believe it's OK.

A lot has to do with the inspector though. I've failed in the past for a non-OEM GT-Grant steering wheel (they said it was too small), having a horn that was too loud (duh...what, am I going to get their attention too fast?), having a sticker on the side window (Rutgers parking permit...had to be on the side window...so says Rutgers police), loose gas cap (on my 77 Dodge, even though the car had a carburetor and DID NOT have a pressurized fuel system), and a license plate mounted too low (yeah...OK...the plate was in the OEM position, but the car was lowered 1/2").
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

When we had inspections here in Florida I had an inspector fail me because my "stock/factory" exhaust tips were too short. So I went down to the parts store and bought some of those cheezy screw-on chome tips and they past it. Just depends on how prickish they want to be. I've always heard to go on a Friday, never Monday.
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
        . I've always heard to go on a Friday, never Monday.
        You are correct. We used to go though that all the time. It was a great day when the inspections ended.

Comment

Pull the cluster and remove the bulb.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X