1999 Trans Am Turn Signal Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Trans Am Turn Signal Issues

Hey guys, looking for some help with a turn signal issue lol.

When I click either left or right to put the signals on they come on but blink really slow and out of sync. It seems like messing with the turn signal lever changes them a bit but never really fixes the problem.

I also noticed I have a burnt out headlight on my brights only. Did not think that this could have anything to do with it? Also does anyone know where and what kind of headlight bulbs I can use? I want some that are really bright and have that sweet blue look to em when you see the car coming on the road lol. Any suggestions to any of my issues would be great guys, thanks again for all your support!!
    TRANSBOY 4-LIFE
    1999 Trans Am
    SLP Box/Loudmouth

It sounds like a bad flasher. Also check to make sure all the bulbs are good.
    Blazer

Comment

first check all the bulbs and replace any that are blown, check the flasher relay, and make sure all of the sockets are in good shape. my ride had the same problem as youre describing but mine was rusted up/corroded sockets.

as for the headlights, i think there are some made by sylvania that seem to be really bright. cant remember what theyre called though, silver star? tru view? dunno just look around i guess.
      LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

due to the poor design -- the socket is on the bottom and IF YOUR LENS IS CRACKED or water gets in -- it cant get out and rusts out the plug. Mine almost caught on fire because they are running lights you can't shut off when the key is on.

a new exact replacement plug is an $8 part in a good parts store's "HELP" parts section. In Florida go to Bennett Auto (can probably order online).

Get NEW lens on ebay -- they are exact replacements -- if any cracks or chips.

ALso get the better grade, all glass bulbs -- and lube up the socket with di-electric grease.

Dealer told me I needed $700 computer and it was only $16 for new plug ends and $60 in lenses. fixed all problems and they are bright again like new..

Comment

The heat the daytime running lights create is what causes the socket to deteriorate as well as any cracks where moisture can get in. My 2000 Camaro are still running strong, but the last time I replaced the OEM housing for clear ones the sockets were showing their age. Only time will tell when it's time to replace the socket. You can get OEM sockets, but they're not cheap.
          1988 5.0 TBI Camaro 700R4 Transmission
          2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

Comment

Working...
          X