Cooling Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Fans

I did a search, but didn't find the answer I was looking for. My 2000 Camaro has 92k miles and is 9 years old. My A/C cools well on the road, but in the city it can barely keep cool. I opened the hood and I can see both fans are on but they don't sound strong anymore. Should I replace the motors on both? Thanks for your input.
    1988 5.0 TBI Camaro 700R4 Transmission
    2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

I know this sounds crazy but check to make sure they are both blowing in the proper direction. Yes, it happens.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Also check that the air flow to the radiator is clear. When I bought my 95 Camaro I crawled under there and pulled an entire double page of the newpaper plus the top third was full of pinestraw and leaves. That air deflector acts like a pooper scooper and pushes all kinds of crap up there.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Checked underneath it, and it is clear. Also checked the rotation of the fans and they are both blowing air toward the engine. Is it hard or expensive to replace the motors to these fans? I forgot to mention that the engine does NOT overheat and the A/C has a full charge. Thanks again!
        2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

Comment

If the fan motors had both gone "bad", the engine would probably be overheating too. I think you have a problem with the A/C.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Interesting. I guess I can take it in to check the A/C. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X