brake issues on my 70 camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake issues on my 70 camaro

Just traded for a 70 camaro. The car has a brand new engine in it.. The man I got it from said the car didn't have enough vacuum to work the brake booster so he removed the booster and just put a manual master cylinder on it.. The car has brakes, but you really have to stand on it to stop. It has disc on front and drums in the back... Any suggestions on what to do to make it stop without having to stand on the pedal? thanks

Originally posted by splitbumper
    Just traded for a 70 camaro. The car has a brand new engine in it.. The man I got it from said the car didn't have enough vacuum to work the brake booster so he removed the booster and just put a manual master cylinder on it.. The car has brakes, but you really have to stand on it to stop. It has disc on front and drums in the back... Any suggestions on what to do to make it stop without having to stand on the pedal? thanks
    In my opinion, I would put it back to a vacuum booster. If the cam is that radical that there's not enough vacuum, either a reserve canister or an electric vacuum pump would be added. Manual brakes........ wow, that's gotta get exciting at the wrong moment.

Comment

Thanks Joe... Yeah, be bad if someone decides to bow up and stop in front of me...lol I can stop it, just have to put the leg into it, but my wife likes to drive and she wouldn't ever be able to stop. I guess a pump would be a lot more reliable? what do you think.??

Comment

As Joe mentioned above, is the cam so radical that it cannot produce enough or is there some other problem (leak etc.) that is causing vac. loss?

Could you post some more detailed specs on the car and engine so everyone knows what they're talking about?
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
        X