Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks for 96 Trans. Any recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks for 96 Trans. Any recommendations?

It's the time for my Trans Am to change the shocks. It feels pretty uncomfortable. What shocks should I get to make it a comfortable ride. I was thinking getting it's original shocks. But maybe there are some better shocks out there. What would you recommend? Thanks

I think the Bilstein HDs are a pretty good shock for a stock replacement. I heard our stock Decarbons have too much compression and too little rebound. However, according to Sam Strano, the Bilstein rear HDs are not good and offers revalved shocks for the rear and standard fronts as a whole kit. I'm about to replace my fronts with the HDs and can't wait to feel the difference.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I heard the Tokico shocks the HP Series are good. What do you think about them?
      My goal is to make my car a smooth ride.

Comment

By "uncomfortable", in your original post, I assume you simply don't like the "harsh" ride of a performance car. So.... as long as it is "smooth", you don't care how it handles or how much traction the shocks provide???

If that's the case, don't waste your money on expensive shocks. Just get some cheap Monroes, or whatever company makes "generic" replacements for the 4th Gen.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X