powder coat intake???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powder coat intake???

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone powdercoating the LS1 intake. I have seen some one do it to the LT1 intake but never a LS1. I know that they come with the factory black coating but i was thinking about changing it to a red.
    thanks for any help
    Tony

99 T/A WS-6
    SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
    2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
    88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

never seen it done but im kind of sheltered in BFE, but im sure it would look good ... just my opinion
    1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
    1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
    1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
    1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
    1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

Powder coating requires a 400+ degree (farenheit) temp in order to gel the powder. I think that would probably damage the plastic composite material that the LS1 intake is made from. They make high heat tolerant epoxy enamels that are made to bond to most plastics. They are also availaable in lots of colors. That would look good and be very durable.

Comment

Working...
      X