balancer pulley bolts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balancer pulley bolts

on the 95 formula, there was installed an underdrive pulley when i got it , sandwiched between the balancer and the crankshaft hub. i want to remove that , but i cant find suitable bolts to replace the long ones that are there now. i need the stock ones, if anyone has a spare set and wants to sell them , or knows the size i need to look for please let me know.

The underdrive pulley i m sure doesnt do much , apart from being harsh on batteries as the alternator cant charge properly, and i would like to revert back to stock.
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Stock pulley bolts are 7/16"-14 x .88" .
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

thanks
      i think that is quite an odd size, i know i ll have a hard time finding them here and the ones i have are too long and dont have thread all the way to the head so i cant cut them .
      Are there anywhere else on the car bolts that size?
      93 t/a A4 3.23s
      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
        thanks
        i think that is quite an odd size, i know i ll have a hard time finding them here and the ones i have are too long and dont have thread all the way to the head so i cant cut them .
        Are there anywhere else on the car bolts that size?
        I don't think so, but some that are 1" long would probably suffice. The bolt holes go all the way through the hub. So, as long as what hangs out the back does not interfere with anything, you should be ok.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

the ones i have are like 2 1/2 inches, and they dont have thread all the way. i could cut them down but i also need to put washers or spacers that would be like 1 cm thick and i am worried they would throw the balance off and would mess bearings or something. i think the pulley was off a little because of that underdrive pulley and it was making a noise ...i hope that was not the front main bearing cause that would really suck .
          93 t/a A4 3.23s

Comment

Working...
          X