98-02 rear end issue ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98-02 rear end issue ?

a few of ya'll answered a previouse question on a similar subject i have a few more questions please i found a rearend on ebay but auction ends tomorrow so i am trying to get my last advise on it. it is a ws6 posi 3:42 traction control 4 channel rear if you put an 98-02 rear with traction lock in a 1993-97 trans am DO YOU HAVE TO HOOK UP THE TRACTION CONTROL FEATURE???
    I do not use the abs anyway but have directions on making the 4 to 3 wire system swap. got instructions on the e brake if need to change.WILL THE POSITRAC IN THE 98-02 REAREND WORK CORRECT IF I DO NOT HOOK UP THE TRACTION CONTROL FEATURE??? AND PLEAse anything else befor i buy the 98-02 rear
    1994 formula trans am LT-1,ED WRIGHT tuned PCM, urathaned rear lca's,new factory rear springs,rear replacement shocks,functional ram air 4 inch cowl hood,hiflo cat,3 inch single into hooker hiflo muffler,2.5 out dual,air foil,underdrive pullys,edelbrock torque arm,drag bags,6T MSD,MSD coil,new built A4,2200conv.massive trans cooler

if you dont need abs then its ok, i think you can keep the brake lines off your car and connect them to the calipers on the new axle. the tcs cars have 2 brake lines going from the abs/ tcs unit to the rear wheels, whereas the 3 channel abs have only 1 brake line going to the rear wheels , which i think is split to go to both wheels. I ll have a look tomorrow, i have both.

My 93 camaro broke thee diff and now has got an 98+ rear axle that was from a tcs car, abs doesnt work though. i m sure you will be ok if you dont need abs, but a few times i wished abs was working haha
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

WILL THE POSITRAC IN THE 98-02 REAREND WORK CORRECT IF I DO NOT HOOK UP THE TRACTION CONTROL FEATURE???
      The limited slip differential (posi) has nothing to do with ABS or traction control. Its a mechanical system, integral with the differential carrier, that uses a system of clutches (or cones) to lock the two axles together when one of them starts to slip.

Traction control (TCS) is an electronically controlled option that uses a combination of brake control and timing retard to limit the slip of both rear wheels during acceleration. Generally, TCS is not useful for all out, WOT acceleration - it will just kill your power. Its useful for driving on wet or snow covered surfaces.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X