Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went out and bought back my Z28 today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went out and bought back my Z28 today...

I am so happy to have it back! The hesitation he told me about i having, isn't a hesitation though. It is missing! Seems to be running on 6-7 cyl.! He put Hooker long tubes o it, and Autozone plug wires. I am going to start there and see what happens. What I would really like to know is what is the mod, and how, instead of an LT4 knock module what needs done to a 93 car? What aboutthe Opti spark? Do they just quit, or gradually go out? I was running 13.2's when I had it. Since then he has put 3.73's in it, and Hooker long tubes. Itfeels like a VERY slow car with this miss. Thanks guys! I have a pic of it, but I need to figure out how to post it.
    1993 Z28 A4 3.73, 2800 B&M Very Clean!!

Most likely the miss is a burnt wire. Most of the time people don't take the time to route the wires away from the headers. So it is definitelt a good idea to start there.

The 93's don't use the knock module, as you know, but there is a way to make one. knock module

The opti usaully goes gradually. When mine went, the first thing I noticed was it would back fire when I kicked it down. Then it started sputerring, and missing really bad. Then it would be hard to start, finally it wouldn't start at all.
    99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
    93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Thanks for that web page. I used to have it saved, but when I sold my Z I just didn't keep up with this stuff. None of the wires are burnt through, bt they are Autozone 7MM. I am going to change them this week. As far as it runs, it is REALLY rough and when you let off the gas, it backfires. Any other ideas? (sound lke opti spark?)
      As for the exhaust, it has Long tubes, bullet mufflers and it exits on the pass. side in front of the reartire. I need to find a Y-pipe for th headers so I can run a Flowmaster again out the back.

Comment

With the backfiring it sounds like the opti to me. Probably not a bad idea to change the plugs and wires while your at it.

Also, if you decide to go with a catback exhaust, I would look at some of the other ones out there. The flowmaster sounds good, but it is really restrictive, so you will lose power by putting it on there.
        99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
        93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

I better check more into the exhausts, I had a flowmaster cat back on it when I sold the car. I was running 13.2's with that and a few other boltons. Itmight not look as good, but I thought it sounded better than a few others I have heard. I'll ceck into them a little better before I get one though.

Comment

Backfiring is a good sign the opti is going south.

Comment

Is there anyway to check the opti, to know for sure? What about a website that shows it being done? MANY THANKS!

Comment

Got her fixed, #5 wire burnt BAD! she is running great! BTW does anyone know what part # speedo gears I need for my A4 tranny since there is 3.73 gears in her? Thanks for all your help?

Comment

Working...
                X