Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost wheel lug key...

Where to get a new one?

I think it accidentally stayed in the lug nut and I forgot to pull it out with the magnet and I drove with it in there. Probably long gone cause I can't find it anywhere and I need one asap.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

A good auto parts shop should be able to sell you a special socket that would get the lug off, but would probably ruin it- sort of like an inside-out easy out. They are used by service trucks for cars that have stripped lug nuts. Maybe you could get the key from a dealer?
    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

I believe the OEM locks came in a bag with a card where the spare tire goes. Look for the card where the spare tire is. If you find it, it has a code that you can take to a dealership and they can get you another key. Unless I am thinking about my old Mustang. Hmmm.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You are correct. Mine came in a bag and had the address and code to order another one. I ordered a spare just in case I lost one of them. If you need the contact information let me know and I will post it here this evening.
        1988 5.0 TBI Camaro 700R4 Transmission
        2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
          I believe the OEM locks came in a bag with a card where the spare tire goes. Look for the card where the spare tire is. If you find it, it has a code that you can take to a dealership and they can get you another key.
          I 2nd that, Mine has that as well.

Originally posted by Wild Willy
          A good auto parts shop should be able to sell you a special socket that would get the lug off, but would probably ruin it...
          I don't remember seeing those in a parts store ever, but I have seen them from Snap-On...
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Sears sells the tool. I tried it once on a buddy's jeep and it didn't work since the lock was hardened. We ended up welding nuts to the locks and taking em out that way.
            Dave

Independent AMSOIL Dealer

94 Z28 M6 - exhaust, K&N drop in, and lots of plans...

DD 98 Ram 2500 CTD (might be faster than my Z!)

Comment

they also make a taper socker that you hammer on and takes the lugs off, my sister 89 firebird had wheel locks but the old lady lost the key so i got that and a couple smacks with a 5lb sledge and a breaker bar got them off, i coulda reused them if i wanted 2
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I lost mine once and had a shop shear them off.

Comment

Working...
                X