engine bay space for a swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine bay space for a swap

i have a 97 v6 camaro and i want to do a motor swap but i was just wondering if a 2.6L straight six would fit. if it wont i will probably put a 3.5L V6 that i will build up to around 600hp. any information on this will be very much appreciated. thank you.

You'll need to take measurements of your intended motors. Many things will physically fit in the space, it's the motor mounts and exhaust clearance from the K member that will likely give you fits. I just spent the afternoon over at BMR hashing though some chassis issues on a conversion that I'm doing. You'll likely need to keep the stock K member and have a chassis shop weld up the appropriate mounts. The reason is that the stock K member has so much extra material to weld on comopounded with teh fact that you aren't dealing with a standardized swap like an LT-1.

Comment

thanks for the advice

Comment

If you are capable of building some sort of 3.5L V6 up to 600HP, why not just build your 3.8L V6 up to 600HP. Or, consider the GN/GNX Turbo V6.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X