Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was only showing off for a minute or so...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short update

SO I finally removed the old Opti and once I finished holding it above my head like a sword I just pulled from a rock in which it was impossibly impaled, i gave it a shake. Sounds like a baby's rattle. I am going to head out and possibly start reassembly with the new Opti today. I had to fix the piece of aluminum that the air injection pump attaches to and shares one bolt hole with the water pump. In my delicate ways I snapped off one of the bolt collars, fixed with JB Weld.

Back to it but I don't think i will have the bird running today.

DJ
    95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

Success

The new Opti is in along with a new MSD coil. Everything went together real smooth. I still need to double check timing to make sure I am precise but she's running smooth. I am confident I can go back to thinking about the front suspension.

DJ
      95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

So it was the opti that got grenaded...glad you got it fixed.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Did you open the Opti to see what happened? Either the rotor fell off, or it exploded.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Sooo, tell us about your newest burnout.

Comment

burn out gone bad

I just had the possible same issue. I was laying a set Friday night got up to the rev limiter by mistake and the car started missing and eventually quit. Started the next day only to stall and won't fire. I haven't had time to trouble shoot mine but i installed a used opti with 25,000 miles a few years ago and i'm quessing it crapped out.

Comment

haha

No new sets Revver.

It was most certainly the Opti. I haven't had a chance to open up the old one but it is sitting on the workbench for me to do so. It does rattle. The screws that are deep in the plastic cover I am not able to reach with my needle nose to undo and I do not have a bit that fits them.

93/96: The job wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A little time consuming but a good opportunity to do a few things like cleaning the front of the motor..wow it was dirty. Good luck. I purchased my new Opti on Ebay for $129.00.

DJ
                95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

Working...
                X