Where are the F-Bodies in NJ ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the F-Bodies in NJ ?

I just spent the better part of three days in the Newark / Ft. Monmouth area and did not see a single F-Body of any kind. Three Mustangs and one Corvette and the rest, well, er, ah....

Not sure that I can go into that area again without experiencing withdrawal symptoms!

Where were they hiding?

Tom

U just missed a load of us by about 5 weeks......SLP CAD last Oct. 11.
    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

getting ready for winter, broh. there are a ton of them up there...i know at least 35 folks myself......personally!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I think a lot are heading into hibernation....It comes pretty soon here in NJ. There are a bunch of guys around. Too bad you couldn't go to a Central NJ F-bod Assoc. meeting. Good guys there too. I believe George Baxter is known to show up every once in a while. Fastest LT-1 I've heard of. Low 9's. And Injuneer is there occasionaly too. So there's a few people around here!
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

It is just strange to seen no Camaro / Firebirds

I knew that they had to be somewhere but to not see a single one from Newark to Ft. Monmouth and back just seemed out of the ordinary to be sure. I am not used to putting mine up for the winter. It goes, rain or snow.

On the other hand, the traffic was so heavy that one would have to visit one of the toll booths in order to have an excuse to use the power, even if for just a little while!

OBTW - have someone put a sign up on the toll booth that says how much it costs to go through! I just kept throwing change in the basket until the light turned green!

Tom

Comment

Tom, you're not in Texas any more?
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Re: It is just strange to seen no Camaro / Firebirds

Originally posted by Thomas L. Parker
              OBTW - have someone put a sign up on the toll booth that says how much it costs to go through! I just kept throwing change in the basket until the light turned green!
              Yeah, I just moved here 6 months ago. There's something of a sign shortage here....
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I'm here...

I live about 7 miles from Fred in Jamesburg. The car is sleeping in the garage though...getting cold outside.
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Still around for a week or two. Newark isn't the best environment for f-body's, I fear it like the plague!
                  1995 Firebird Formula
                  (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

NJ SUCKS!!

Highest auto insurance rates in the nation.... that keeps the cars out of a lot of people's hands.... can't afford the costs as high as $500/month for insurance.

Most densely populated state in the nation - the population density in NJ is higher than India. No room on the roads for the kind of driving these cars need. Even the interstates and toll roads are packed with traffic most of the time.

Poor quality roads - huge potholes, debris and trash all over.

High concentration of "urban areas" with high crime rates.... not the place you want to drive a nice car.

Emissions laws that are probably more oppressive than those in CA. In addition to a rolling emissions and safety check every 2 years, they have "mobile inspection stations" that they set up out of sight on the side of the road, pull cars over at random, and do a complete rolling and visual emissions instpection. This is what caused me to take my car off the road. It stays parked in the garage until I TOW it to the track. Last time it was on the street it was following a police car in a convoy to the annual North Brunswick Cops 'n Rodders car show in April of this year. It was fun smokin' the hides when you knew the guy driving the police car was a fellow Firehawk owner.... .

That should explain where all the F-Bodys are in NJ......
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I lived in MA for 5 years.. Tooo cold. I am glad I moved down south. I keep my baby running all weather..

BowlingSS

Comment

I agree with your statement, NJ sucks.

I did see a documentary, and agreed
                        with people who were with the
                        mobile inspection stations - they
                        said they could do it cheaper
                        by getting problem cars off the road
                        rather than having everyone do testing
                        and in long lines.. Seems like
                        NJ just wants it all.

Anyways - What happens to OUT OF TOWN cars passing through
                        that would get caught by the Mobile Inspection Unit?

Anyways, I don't plan on stopping in NJ anytime soon - Your not even allowed to pump you own friggin gas!!!
                        (or has that law changed?)

Originally posted by Injuneer
                        NJ SUCKS!!

safety check every 2 years, they have "mobile inspection stations" that they set up out of sight on the side of the road, pull cars over at random, and do a complete rolling and visual emissions instpection.

That should explain where all the F-Bodys are in NJ......

Comment

Still illegal to pump your own gas in NJ.
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                          X