radio ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio ?

hey, i have a nakamichi radio amp and speakers out of my old lexus gs400. anyone know if i can hook the amp or atleast the speakers up to it with out using the actual radio itself to a 97 transam monsoon?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Not sure what you're asking...

You want to use the Monsoon H/U with the Nak. amp and speakers?

If so, why? The stock Monsoon H/U is crap compared to any $150 unit made today. I tossed everything in mine. Went with a Pioneer Din 1.5 H/U. new speakers and wiring all around, and a 5-channel amp (supplies 4 full range speakers and 10" sub).

Hardest part was running new wire, but even that wasn't that big of a deal.

Get a good H/U...case closed.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

yeah i was thinking of just using the speakers, cause there pretty good speakers and i didnt have to buy new ones.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

If you're saying you want to use the speakers from the Lexus with the Monsoon radio and amp in the car - be forewarned. Most OEM speakers I've run across use odd ohm ratings. If they don't match up to what your removing, the sound will suffer and possibly blow the amp and H/U.

You also have to consider the design of the enclosure they were meant for, as the Lexus may have used the "pod" they came out of for sound quality. Putting them in a free-air set up may cause the speaker to distort.

Nowadays, it's really difficult to upgrade just one piece of an OEM system. Believe me...the uber-expensive Bose system I have in my Enclave leaves a lot to be desired. However, unless I'm willing to replace everything, I'll have to live with it. It uses multiple amps in the 5.1 surround system, all using feedback mics to constantly attenuate the sound (sounds pretty bland to me IMHO)...but I'M NOT IMPRESSED. I have never liked Bose "anything" ....

My T/A system (now featuring multiple layers of dampening and Ensolite) not only c-r-a-n-k-s, but has incredible sonic clarity to boot.
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
        X