no start please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no start please help

I have been having the same problem with this 97' Camaro z28 since I bought it. The engine spins over but does not start, and as soon as you let go of the key it kinda spits, spudders and dies like the timing is off. I have replaced the distributor with an MSD pro billet and the PCM twice. I have changed the crank sensor, the ignition module, MAP sensor, Ignition coil, timing chain, and i have check the fuel pressure it is good(above 40lbs.) I had an MSD box on it which failed and caused a no start, but I removed and wired it back stock and it started up and ran. I went down the road in it a little ways and the fans werent coming on so I drove it back home and jumped the temp sensor connector and discover the temp sensor was bad. I killed the car and then it would not start again. I replaced the temp sensor hoping that would cure the problem,...but it didn't. So I replaced the PCM for the second time. I am really getting tired of throwing parts at this thing please help!!!!!!!!!!

do you have a Service Engine Soon (SES) light on? Scan it for trouble codes and that will give you a better idea of where it's failing. No start condition has a vast number of causes. i say get it scanned and report back.
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/foru...p?showtopic=78
      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

no trouble codes present because the battery was dead and I take it out everytime I work on it. Can a bad fuel pressure regulator cause a no start?

Comment

Working...
        X