AT to a 6speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT to a 6speed

what all do i need to convert an AT over to a 6 speed, i know i need pedals,driveline,console is there anything else. do i have to use a computer out of a 6speed car?

I'd have to imagine that the computer would have to be from a manual, otherwise the computer would be looking to shift a tranny that no longer exists.

As far as the rest, I don't know.

Hopefully more folks will be on the way.
    1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
    1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Do not need a new PCM. Your current PCM can be reflashed with an M6 program.

Wiring harness modifications required. Must attach clutch pedal safety switch, clutch pedal cruise control release, reverse lockout solenoid and skip shift solenoid (or skip shift resistor/eliminator), backup light switch and VSS.

Flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate assembly, T/O bearing, release fork, clutch hydraulics, bellhousing with slave cylinder support cup and dust cover, T56 trans, shifter, shifter boot, tranny cross-member. Current driveshaft and tranny mount will work with T56. Console, pedal assembly.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X