Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally---a sneak peak of the work being done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally---a sneak peak of the work being done.

It's been ages, but it's finally coming together. I put in a few long nights working in sub-zero temps, but managed to get the rear brakes rebuilt and the new parts put on.

What do you think?

I had the rotors silver cadmium plated so they will stay nicer looking longer.

The wheels are what started the whole project. Everything on the car is set around the black and silver look now. Everything, including the side lights, third brake light, and even the WS6 badge is now black. In the spring, I'll finish the twin black racing stripes.

The wheels are black repro. C6 Z06 wheels from OE Wheels LLC with Sumitomo's new HTRZ III tires.

Can't wait to do the front now. They will get the full C5 Z06 treatment with the same rotors in 13" and black Z06 calipers.

I know I've been promising pictures forever, but finding the time to work on her with three little kids at home has not been easy. I've promised my son I will have it done by Memorial Day, so we can enter the car in the local parade. He's been telling his friends for years that his Dad has a "cool car" but I've yet felt comfortable enough to show it off down Main Street.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Looks cleaner than the plates in my cabinet haha
    Great work!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Looks good... Keep us posted on your progress..
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Looing good!!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Looks great! Hard work is paying off!
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            I had the rotors silver cadmium plated so they will stay nicer looking longer.

Looks good. Cad plating does help keep them looking good for a long time.

Now you have more parts to clean.

Comment

Haha...thanks.

You know, now I'm looking at the wheel wells and thinking..."I bet I could make them blacker".

Oh well...so it goes when you've got the bug.
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Beautiful! Are those wheels replica or legit out of curiosity?
                -Alex
                1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
                ZO6 wheels (clones)
                LED exterior and interior lighting
                With questionable guts:
                Forged bottom end
                free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
                pacesetter longtubes
                T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
                Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
                K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
                96? ws6 hood
                96? ws6 spoiler
                full emissions delete
                polished heads with oversize valve job
                Edelbrock IAS shocks
                Full tubular Chassis minus k member
                Daily Driver and love it that way
                Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  You know, now I'm looking at the wheel wells and thinking..."I bet I could make them blacker".

you can try washing with car wash but if now, semi-gloss black rattle can works 2
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Repos...OE Wheels LLC out of Florida. Great prices- awesome quality. They are sponsors on LS1Tech.com

Check out their website.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/
                    Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Working...
                    X