need a little help power output

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a little help power output

Iv got an oppertunity to buy a motor and turbo setup. heres a few specs and was wondering what you guys thought. Itll be a street strip as i only go to the track maybe 10 times a yr and only drive 5-6k miles a yr. and i have a dana s60 witha t56. any idea of hp/tq? will it put me into low 11 with my M/T DR? lol

motor

-Lunati Sledgehammer Crank (3.75)
    -Lunati Pro-mod rods (5.7)
    -JE -31cc pistons
    -Hellfire rings
    -Program 4 bolt slayed caps
    -ARP head studs
    -Speedinc custom ground turbo cam
    -Double roller timing chain
    -Comp lifters
    heads

AFR 190 LT4 heads ported by Lloyd Elliot with heavy duty springs
    Flow numbers are
    Lift Intake Exhuast
    .300 192 162
    .400 225 187
    .500 259 203
    .550 276 208
    .600 283 213
    intake

lt4 intake
    Edelbrock LT4 Air Gap Intake Manifold ported by LE with EGR block off plates

turbo(complete)
    Realquick header kit with TC-76 and all cold side parts

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

The beauty of forced induction is that you can tune it to support the power level that you want to acheive. My best advice is to make sure the tune is dead on with an A/F ratio that won't burn or break parts. Better to be on the conservative side rather than too lean. The HP estimate can't really be done without knowing if using an intercooler, what boost level and what fuel pump(s) and injectors. I'll bet if the motor stays together, 16 psi would make it a rocket on pump premium with alcohol injection for the street. With race gas you could turn it up.

Comment

thanks joe. I was origanly thinking about a TTA motor and run low 11's but the more and more i look into it the more of a PITA it seems itll be. 500 to 550 rwhp is what im kinda thinkin and to do it safe. probably closer to 500. my goal is a a low 11's high 10 daily driver.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
        thanks joe. I was origanly thinking about a TTA motor and run low 11's but the more and more i look into it the more of a PITA it seems itll be. .
        I've been going over the details of my little project, it's indeed a PITA. I'm going to be stuck with the stock K member and have the mounts fabbed. That's not going to help with my build. I was planning on a tubular K member as the weight of an iron block 3.8 and all it's turbo stuff, even with aluminum heads, is getting close to the weight of an LT1. I had hoped to keep the front as light as possible. There is of course the TA specialties all aluminum block....... but at $4K for just the bare block..........

Comment

4k? wow! yeah the tta motors been done before but I dont know... Im not the best machanic in the world by no means so ofcourse putting in the motor wont be too bad just a bunch of busted knuckles but this turbo part...................................... I can see it now. "WHAT WAS I THINKING!"

current

Comment

Working...
          X