1997 LT1 pinout and schematic including CKP sensor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 LT1 pinout and schematic including CKP sensor

Im trying to find a 1997 LT1 pinout and schematic including CKP sensor. I am diagnosing codes p0335 and p0336. I have looked at the schematics and pinouts on Rob's site and had no luck.

or if anyone knows what bank the crankshaft position sensor plugs into and where it gets the 5v source.....

Thanks
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

You missed part it.... he has the pinouts for 95, and marked in red to reflect the 96/97 changes, including the CKP.

http://shbox.com/1/1995_pcm_conn_a.jpg

Not sure about the question of "what bank it ties into".... its not specific to one bank of the engine. It reading the crankshaft velocity for both banks of the engine.

My Chilton's shows the CKP sensor has a yellow reference (signal) wire that goes to pin A1, as noted on the chart above. The pink/black wire is the "reference low" = ground, from the same pin as the Opti low reference (B3). The pink wire gets 12V from fuse #11 in the under hood box.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

You also missed this Distributor Ignition System Schematic (1996-97) that shows what you want. Better hone those search skills.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks guys that showed me exactly what i needed to know. I seem to have bypassed the CKP reference signal by replacing the wire for the Distributor Reference Low signal straight to the PCM.

Oddly the engine starts and runs fine. I do have problems starting the car back up after driving for more than 5 mins and turning it off. Could this be a correlation with the P0335, P0336 DTCs?

Fred to clarify, by "bank" i meant PCM pin. I thought i heard the pins called "banks"

One question though, what exactly does the CKP sensor do? and when is it gathering data? (does it only collect data under certain circumstances--like closed or open loop-- or all the time?)

Thanks again gentlemen.
        -Ryan-

Comment

The crank sensor was required by OBD-II for misfire detection. That's all it does on an LT1. It is not used for spark delivery like crank sensors on most other cars. The LT1 has the optispark that determines crank position. The outputs from the opti and crank sensor are compared in the PCM to determine misfires.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks Rob!
            -Ryan-

Comment

Working...
            X