pumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pumps

The waterpump on my car is leaking, so I'm going to replace it anyway. I priced a new stock pump and an electric pump and the prices were similiar. Is it more troublesome to install or does it require more maintenance??
    1997 Z28, A4 with transgo shift kit, beast shell, corvette servo, etc..., 160stat, CAI, Borla Exhaust, Richmond 3:73 gears, Tune by MadZ28.com

If you are going to be driving mostly on the street, stick with the stock pump. If you drive only in 1/4 mile increments, use the electric... Personally I dont see much advantage to the electric.

The stock pump does NOT eat up a considerable amount of HP. You are better off buying an underdrive pulley, plus then you will increase the life of your accessories by turning them slower.

Comment

pulley???

I'll stick to the stock pump. But with the pulley, a buddy of mine put a crank pulley on his Formula and his battery kept dying. Is there a pulley that won't cause your battery to dye???
      1997 Z28, A4 with transgo shift kit, beast shell, corvette servo, etc..., 160stat, CAI, Borla Exhaust, Richmond 3:73 gears, Tune by MadZ28.com

Comment

He should have gotten the kit, which is the underdrive pulley on the crank, overdrive pulley on the alternator, and a new belt. I have that on my car and run a competitive stereo system with no problems.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
        X