Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this wheel / tire setup work for my TA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this wheel / tire setup work for my TA?

I found a local sale of C5 Corvette wheels. They are 17's on the front and 18's in the back and following tires on it.

Front 245/45/17
    Rear 275/40/18

I believe that setup should work for my TA but just would like to double check before I try to negotiate. Attached is also a picture. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

yep, just make sure to calibrate your comp for your speedo

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

To know if they will fit, you need to know the width and the offset. Some Corvette "replica" wheels sit too deep in the wheel wells, and require spacers. It sounds like you may have a set of 00 or 01-02 wheels (are they genuine Corvette wheels, or are they "replicas"?):

17 x 8.5" 58mm (est. 6.90" backspace)

18 x 9.5" 65mm (est. 7.75" backspace)

Both those wheels will sit deep in the wheel wells, but should not rub on the inner fenders.

And as noted, the rear tires do not match the stock F-Body diameter, which is either:

235/55-16 = 26.1"

245/50-16 = 25.7" (Z-rated tire option RPO "QLC")

Im assuming since you show the "WS6" as a "mod" that it didn't come with the 17 x 9.0" WS6 wheels and 275/40-17 tires = 25.7".

The sizes you mention:

245/45-17 = 25.7"

275/40-18 = 26.7"

Speedo correction definitely required.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Why not just buy brand new? I liked the look of the Corvette wheels, so I went with these guys:

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/

They've sold ridiculous numbers on LS1tech.com and all have raved about the quality and price.

The quality is second to , and for just a few dollars more, they'll mount tires and all for you. I believe I paid about a grand for 4 wheels, with tires mounted and balanced.

Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

hey do you have any more pics of those wheels? Im really liking that color combo! I was thinking of going with a comp grey but that looks hot.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Thanks...I only have a few, as the car is stored away for the winter.

And this is the link to the manufacturer's page:

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Corvette-...39462-2-1.html

I have yet to do the front, as I'm converting over to C5 Z06 black calipers and matching rotors. I haven't been able to do anything, as we keep getting pummeled by snow.

The car has a LOT of stuff happening to it, and I'm shooting for a Memorial Day reveal, as my son wants me to enter it into our town's parade. When done...it going to be black and white complete with twin black stripes.
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Thanks for everybody's input and the link to the website. The guy is trying to sell them for a while now. Was hoping to get them for a good price but then with having to correct for the incorrect tire size in the back I think I'm better off to go with new all 17".
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X