Upgraded my brakes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded my brakes!

went with the strano kit for the F-body. we (me and Msfyter)started 9:30-ish and finished our first test drive around 6pm.

Before

MSfyter working on the brake

Old vs new Line (Major PIT to properly crush the washers so there would be no leaks)

Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and new lines installed

Finished look before bedding

My next project... the bump stops guess SLP's springs with the bilstein didn't stop the bottoming out.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Nice rotors. If you lowered the car the stock SLP Bilsteins will fail way too early. They are not HD enough for the heavier springs. I made that same mistake and payed for it! I now have Koni SA shocks with adj. coil-overs. What a difference they made!

2001 SOM Camaro SS. 1SD options, Neutral leather, ASR, 6spd. H/C, exhaust/intake/suspension. Full list of mods here:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...atasheetSS.jpg

Comment

Yup...didn't want to hurt the guy's feeling but...SLP Bilsteins blow. They are way too soft, and don't do a very good job of controlling rebound on lowered cars, especially the rears.

Luckily, Sam Strano set me straight before I shelled out money for them. I too went the SA Koni route and couldn't be happier.
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Nice pics. You should have seized the moment and painted the calipers.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
        X