Flip 1980 Trans Am hood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip 1980 Trans Am hood

I have a 1980 Trans Am that I am doing a rest-mod on and I want to have the hood open the opposite way BUT still have the shaker scoop attached to the engine. I've seen it done but the knows I have seen they always attach the shaker to the hood and I don't want to do that. Does anyone know if it is possible to do this and if so how.
    Thanks!

Sure it's possible. You'll need to simply fabricate hinges with a correct geometry that will allow the hood to lift at the rear before pivoting. The reason is the lip intake on the back of the shaker scoop would interfere with the raising of the hood.

Comment

so the brackets would have to be fabricated? There are no other brackets from other cars that could be used to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by 80transamguy
        so the brackets would have to be fabricated? There are no other brackets from other cars that could be used to do this?
        I'm sure there is something out there, but fabrication might be quicker than trial and error. In any case, since you're dealing with motion in more than one direction, it's probaly going to need fabrication. You just want the hood to rise a couple of inches before the hood begins to tilt forward.

Comment

Working...
        X